Friday, October 26, 2007

Prawn Balls!!!

I did this last weekend, only managed to download the photos now. It looks alot like the japanese takoyaki (not sure of spelling) balls. Only different version. I actually used a premix, just add water and mix till you get the right consistency. Since I had some prawns sitting in my freezer, decided to throw them in as well. I just LURVVVV prawns. They are so nice and tasty. Of course, they are not so healthy especially when cooking with the heads. So much cholesterol. But hey! Who cares, right. Can you ever say no to them. You live only once so might as well enjoy.

The batter
Being cooked
Making it crisp
Served with chilli sauce
Technically it is a prawn ball. Okay, I bluffed. Well I couldn't get them into nice balls then, so after the bottom is cooked I tranfer them to a flat pan to cook the top making it crispy. I have seen a seller doing like this in IMM, but they were selling cute thingies (can't remember their name now) made from waffle batter. You can add cheese, chocolate or kaya inside. Once the round side is cooked, he uses another flat sided pan to cover and flips them over. So this idea popped in my head, and I just applied it with what I had. It was nice and crisp. But must eat warm, not so nice when eaten cold.

The verdict: Tasted great with chilli sauce. Should have added some finely chopped onions and garlic.

No comments: