Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Birthday Cake for da Hubby

Finally managed to bake a cake and got to use my betty crocker tools. Yipee! But unfortunately, time was not in my hands. I did the simplest deco that can come to my mind and learnt some things by making mistakes.....hehehe

I wanted to create the two tone effect for the stars and managed to show a little bit at least. But the wording kind of messed up. Guess i didn't squeeze out all of the blue out. 'I am trying to save the earth by not using so many bags lah'. : P

Anyway, maybe I was too fast or too hard, when i tried to imprint the wordings, the lines of the stencils came through as well. So using my spatula tried to clear the lines and ended up with a not so smooth top. You can still see the lines faintly. So using freehand, made the ugly wordings which was supposed to be in brown, but some blue showed thru as well.

But for a firstimer with no piping skills I think I am good. (Yah, I need to be thick skin here....)

So presenting my delicious cake. I started out using a Hershey's chocolate cake recipe. But decided to add some nonsense and believe me it was good. It tasted even better after keeping in the fridge longer. I had extra batter so baked it and froze it in the fridge. Only ate it last weekend and it was superb and rich!!!!

Close up....

No comments: